19 August 2010

Run! Drive! Sleep? Repeat!

I have been on a blog moratorium for the past several weeks.  I've been finishing up the last baseball tournament director responsibilities, then we had my neice and nephew from Florida stay with us for a couple weeks and then K and I headed to FL with them for a week in the sun. 


K at Honeymoon Island

I have also been training for (not very well or very efficiently I must admit) the Ragnar Relay Great River race.  Tomorrow I start an adventure... the Ragnar Relay Great River run begins for my team, Run Like A Mother! at 8:30am from Winona, MN heading to Boom Island in Minneapolis, MN.  We've estimated it will take us 31:54:00 hours. We have 12 Mothers! and each of us will run 3 legs totalling somewhere between 14 and 21 miles each.  I am the 4th runner in the leap frog order: leg 4 is 7.9 "Very Hard" miles at 10:30am, leg 16 is 6 "Moderate" miles at 11:00pm and my last leg is 28 which is 4.2 "Moderate" miles at 7:30am Saturday.  I'll sleep (ha!  I still have insomnia so who knows what trying to sleep in a van will do for me) when I can, eat what we can find and hopefully figure out the rest as we go. 

I'll be posting when it's over... if I survive the madness.

1 comment:

gmontalvo13 said...

good luck to you!